Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kevin Drumm - Land of Lurches


Now, let's be clear: I don't claim to know much about noise, and I'm not about to bombard you with 500 different heavily distorted basement recordings on CDRs limited to 23 copies. But sometimes something from that realm catches my ear. One thing I like about this is how musical the approach is. Nothing amateur here. There are dynamics, there is direction and structure, it's not just some dude running 13 things through a distortion pedal. The whole thing proceeds in three distinct movements that work together to produce a greater overall effect. First, a brutal assault of the senses; then a bizarre but brief transitory phase, and finally a gentle massage of your ears. I'm not saying you'll like it, just that I do. Scrub your eardrums clean.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2qfqqnjmyir

No comments: