Wednesday, October 6, 2010

VA - On the Powers of the Sphinx

A very interesting new comp LP from the Ajna Offensive. They still have a few left and have promised a CD version eventually, but here's my LP rip in the meantime.
Saturnalia Temple start things off a long flow of ritualistic, lo-fi subterranean DOOM.
Nightbringer follow them up by reminding us that they're probably the best BM band in the States right now.
Nihil Nocturne start the B Side with what to my ears is OK depressive BM. Not bad, some Wigrid-type moments, we'll see if it really sticks with me.
Aluk Todolo, who are basically the mighty Diamatregon playing different music under a different name, close the record off. I've enjoyed their hypnotic, repetitive black-kraut emissions for a while now and this might be the best song I've heard from them yet. Not for everybody, but heartily recommended.
http://www.mediafire.com/?o01sgi1y7zub3s1