Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dillard & Clark - both LPs

Gene Clark of the Byrds and Doug Dillard of The Dillards came together to produce two brilliant LPs before going their separate ways. I greatly prefer 1968's "The Fantastic Expedition Of Dillard & Clark" to 1969's "Through The Morning, Through The Night", but the latter is by no means lacking in great material. The backing band had 3 members of The Flying Burrito Brothers, which should give you some idea of what you're getting into. Of the early L.A. country rock stuff that I've heard (and I am by no means an expert), this is my favorite. Songs like "Out On the Side" and "The Radio Song" kill me every time.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjgtz0oy3iu

1 comment:

Elliot Knapp said...

Through the Morning is pretty disappointing, but only because Fantastic Expedition is so great! Just wrote about that one too on my music blog.