Monday, May 24, 2010

Dispirit - Rehearsal / Demo 2010

I'd like to think that I'm not jaded, but the fact is that at this point there's only one or two occasions a year where I hear something new that puts my head on a swivel, makes me stop what I'm doing and just marvel. This is one. Dispirit is the new John Gossard (Weakling, Asunder) band. I'm no fanboy when it comes to those other bands and it doesn't bother me at all to say that this is better than either. The music falls somewhere between Mr. Gossard's above-mentioned bands. It combines the slow meandering menace of Asunder and the majestic fury (and a couple of Emperor riffs) of Weakling under a gauzy, near-psychedelic production. The sound quality is more than acceptable for a demo recording. Strongly, STRONGLY recommended.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wcnmmiwknzq

No comments: