Sunday, May 16, 2010

Paul Dolden - Seuil de Silences

I have some reservations about posting this, but here it is. My first reservation is that this music is impossible to describe verbally. There is nothing like it. I don't care how much weird stuff you've heard or what you're into, I PROMISE you that you've never heard anything like this. From Wikipedia: "His approach to audio technology is to use it as a platform from which to launch otherwise impossible musical performances". This gets you in the ballpark, but you'll just have to hear it to understand.
My second reservation is that people involved with this sort of music are often very sensitive about the reduction of their music to mp3s, and about the free dissemination of those files. So I would encourage you to purchase the CDs if this music is of interest to you. (Although I would note in my defense that this would be a more reasonable request if they caught up with the times charged something other than 1999 retail prices)
http://www.mediafire.com/?oaazmwiyioe

1 comment:

Rainer said...

I just wanted to say a big 'Thank you' for the introduction to this composer's music. I've listened to a lot of electroacoustic music/noise in my time, but you're right - I've not heard anything quite like this before. In particular the first track 'Under the walls of Jericho' - a revelation on a par with my first hearing some of Xenakis' electronic works many moons ago. I've added L'Ivresse De La Vitesse to my shopping list. Once again - many, many thanks.